Big doings here at the Rehabitat. The Catalina 22 has a moved.
I wanted to get her inside the garage so I could open her up and start working without worrying about the weather. This is what I faced on Saturday morning.
After a bunch of moving, re-stacking, organizing, shoving and cramming I got a hole opened up.
Don’t EVEN ask what the rest of the garage looks like now! Here is a side view so you can see the before/after shot.
Yes, that is Big Red the riding lawnmower with the hood up. He sat too long with a busted starter and now that I’ve put a new starter on, the carb is not letting any gas get to the spark plug. I’ve been doing a lot of work on him, but since it isn’t boat related I’ve held off posting about it.
With some masterful backing up by yours truly, the Catalina is sitting pretty in her new home.
Yes, that’s about 4 inches to spare! She’s touching the back wall and I had to lower the front end all the way to the floor so I could close the garage door.
The whole trailer couldn’t fit, so I had to completely pull out the trailer extension. That took a bunch of “Fabulous Blaster”, a magnetic penetrating lubricant. It also took quite a few whacks with a sledge hammer.
The extension is the black bar sitting on the ground to the left of the trailer.
Yes, it’s exciting times here at the rehabitat. I’ve already started working on the keel fix, but that’s a story for another day.