House Sediment filter

My next house rehab project is getting the sediment filter to work.  It is also hooked to some kind of treatment system.  For now, I have to keep the sediment from coming in because the grit is clogging our clothes washer supply lines and is a pain to clean.  It’s probably clogging other stuff that don’t have filters.

Here is the existing treatment system

Treatment system

Treatment system

Why you would have the sediment filter AFTER the treatment is beyond me.  It seems like it should be the first thing that happens?

Here is a close up of the sediment filter.  Ugh, look at how black it is.  I may need to replace the entire housing.  I’m guessing the insides of the copper pipes are just as nasty?  The entire system is shut off from the rest of the house supply at the moment.

Filter closeup

Filter closeup

Here is the treatment tank on the right, I’ve been told it’s a salt tank.  Yuck, I really don’t want this any where near our drinking water!

Treatment tank insides

Treatment tank insides

Here is the label on the outside of the other treatment system cylinder.  I have no idea what this is:

Treatment Cylinder Label

Treatment Cylinder Label

And last, here is the label on the timer mechanism.

Treatment system label

Treatment system label

I’m just going to bypass the whole treatment system and just replace the sediment filter.  Wish me luck.

Advertisements

Storage

The clean out of the garage continues.  Pegboard is a must for any garage, and mine is no exception.

Here is the pegboard halfway up.  Notice I put up the 1×2 frame first but have the 4×8 pegboard sheet laying sideways.  At first I thought I made a mistake and should have put them both vertically, but I don’t think it really matters.  All 1×2’s are nailed into studs that I found with my great new stud finder!  (Note, this is a picture from a previous post, but it’s the only one I have for the pegboard “before” picture.

Drying out

Pegboard “before” picture

Here it is complete.  I got to load up a bunch of items and get them out of the corner.

Loaded Pegboard

Loaded Pegboard

 

That white bag on the right is my windsurfer sail.  I guess I should hang it with the windsurfer.

I also made some shelves for gardening stuff (and other things).  “L” brackets mounted in studs work great.

shelves

shelves

The Garage continues to empty out.  A few weeks ago you couldn’t see past the first set of shelves.  Now it’s clear al the way to the third bay!  Next step is to organize tools so I can start the basement rehab.

Garage clearing out

Garage clearing out

Hanging Boats

The fall-out from the move is nearing completion.  I am continuing to clear the garage of all the stuff that was unloaded from the storage sheds when we moved.  The plan is to have the 3 garage bays completely clear for 1 car, 1 boat, 1 working space.  Towards that end, I’ve moved the kayaks and windsurfer vertical.

The job was pretty simple.  I got some heavy hooks with rubberized coatings and screwed them into studs.  (I actually have a studfinder that works!)  Then used some rubber straps with adjustable holes so the kayaks are hanging just on the rubber part.

Before:

Kayaks on the floor

Kayaks on the floor

After:

Kayaks on the wall

Kayaks on the wall

The bottom two are pretty easy to get to, but the blue kayak on top is a two person job to get it up there.  I guess that’s OK since the only time I’ll need it is when I’m going kayaking with a second person.

The box at the bottom left of the “after” picture is the car top kayak rack.  I may just leave it in the box right there, or I may wind up hanging it too.  We’ll see.