The move north is complete, and the new job begun. The job is pretty intense and requiring a lot of time. It is a software development project and CapnRehab is the software team lead. I will try not to let the blog suffer too much, but no promises.
To make matters worse, Mr. & Mrs CapnRehab are 1 week away from purchasing a (potentially) nice home in Upper Marlboro MD. It is a bank owned foreclosure that has sat vacant for who knows how long.
A few major issues are:
- The roof was installed wrong and is on its last legs
- The gutters filled up with leaves ages ago and most of the exterior trim is rotted.
- The basement has had water intrusion in 3 separate major areas, and mold was allowed to grow
- The A/C system is inoperable
- All kitchen appliances are inoperable except the fridge, which is iffy
The purchase is being complicated by the mold and broken A/C. Get this sequence:
- We can’t buy the home without hazard insurance
- We can’t get insurance because there isn’t working heat
- We can’t get the heat working till the mold is removed and treated
- We can’t spend the money to fix the mold or heat until we buy the home
A true catch-22 system.
If we can get everything worked out, this is where we’ll live. Looks like I better nurse Little Red the lawnmower back to life before the spring.