I’ve been spending a lot of time looking for a job and interviewing, and not much (OK, any) time working on the sailboat. I think I need to change that and at least get outside some. I’m becoming a little too crabby to be around.
Next project is to get the trailer operational. Here is my plan of attack:
- Get the trailer lights working
- Take the boat to a boat yard and have them lift it off and store it temporarily (Maybe have the boatyard paint the bottom? $600)
- Get a metal shop to lower the keel support (mechanism is completely rusted), this metalwork is a
littlelot beyond me.
- Get the trailer inspected for registration
- Go to the MVA and get permanent tags
- Haul the boat back home.
I’m also working to move this blog to my own domain. Having a few problems there, and will update you as soon as it’s up.